Apply for a 24 Hour Liquor License

Looking to serve liquor at an event you’re hosting? You’ll need a 24 hour license. Make sure you submit all paperwork to the Liquor Control Commission office at least 10 days before your event.

Gather your information

Here’s what you’ll need to get your license:

  • Drawing of outdoor area utilized if you’re using an outdoor space (dimensions of location, fencing, entry/exit points, etc.)
  • School or church consent from representative (If event is within 500ft of a school or church)
  • Security details for event
  • Distribution of alcohol plan (free or selling)
  • First time requestor (articles of incorporation, by-laws, and certificate of non-profit status)
  • Electronic payment (debit/credit card)

Finalize your event details

These are the questions the Topeka Police Department will be asking you upon signing your application:

  • What measures do you have in place to differentiate 21 year old patrons and older from minors?
  • What measures do you have in place to monitor over serving patrons and unruly patrons?
  • How will your entry and exit points be staffed?
  • Is your event in a city park? You will need to obtain a permit to have alcohol at your event in the city park. You’ll need to contact Special Events to get the permit prior to meeting with the Vice Unit.

Complete the Police Department application

Complete the Police Department application

We use this application to get information about your event for our purposes.

Call us to schedule your final review

Call us to schedule your final review

You’ll need to meet with us to review your applications before we can approve it. Give us a call to schedule your meeting. Our number is in the Contact Us section of this page.

City Clerk contact information

215 SE 7th Street
Topeka, KS 66603
View Map

Phone: (785)368-3940
Fax: (785)368-3943